Entry level - Max 3000€ - Newbie Questions

All the questions ????
JohnEdwards
s p a m c h e c k 1: No
First name: John

Entry level - Max 3000€ - Newbie Questions

Postby JohnEdwards » Mon 15. May 2017, 11:03

Hello all,

Im planning to upgrade my audio system in my car.

Idea was that I could also comply with the EMMA standards as feed back from a entry level competition would be beneficial

Im aiming for the max 3000€ level

At the moment Im planning to use my DSP with highlevel input. (Oem audiounit with optics)

- How do you calculate the OEM amplifiers? What value should they have?
- I have in rear place for 6x9 and 4" speakers. Can I use the 6x9 speaker place for 6.5 subwoofers?
- Can these subwoofers be boxed or should they be as free air (as oem speakers ar now)
- Is it allowed to hide speakers e.g subwofers underseat or dash and still be oem compatible?
- Is it allowed to modify e.g rear deck upholstery so they align with the speaker locations? (at the moment the 6x9 speakers will be under the rear deck upholstery and only 50% will be visible)
- Is it allowed to modify the speaker installation hole? E.g fit a 8 inch subwoofer in 6x9 hole
- Is it allowed to use wood rings to modify a 4 inch hole with a 6.5 subwoofer box?
- What about sound isolation? Is it calculated in the 3000€ budget or not?
- If the rule for fuse is 250A for 50mm2 cable is mandatory or can it be lower fuse e.g 200A

Thanks,

JohnEdwards
First name: John

Re: Entry level - Max 3000€ - Newbie Questions

Postby JohnEdwards » Mon 15. May 2017, 11:19

IF my car has the following because of the Most optics to work and the car to start (read the last part of the rule book)

OEM CD Tuner
€ 200
OEM Audio Video unit € 500

OEM amplifier € 500 x 2

OEM processing units € 300

I will need to add 2000€ top of my initial EMMA values?

Then I can forget about Entry max 3000€

:shock:

noiasca
First name: Werner

Postby noiasca » Fri 19. May 2017, 20:07

... if everything is needed to play the CD all components have to be added to the total list.
Disclaimer: All comments are my personal opinions and do not reflect official statements on behalf of EMMA

my Install | my Team | my EMMA Austria |
"Multimedia without Surround is like Sound Quality in Mono ..."

noiasca
First name: Werner

Postby noiasca » Sat 3. Jun 2017, 08:12

JohnEdwards wrote:- How do you calculate the OEM amplifiers? What value should they have?

--> see the rulebook, there are values for OEM components
JohnEdwards wrote:- I have in rear place for 6x9 and 4" speakers. Can I use the 6x9 speaker place for 6.5 subwoofers?

yes
JohnEdwards wrote:- Can these subwoofers be boxed or should they be as free air (as oem speakers ar now)

doesn't matter
JohnEdwards wrote:- Is it allowed to hide speakers e.g subwofers underseat or dash and still be oem compatible?

no
JohnEdwards wrote:- Is it allowed to modify e.g rear deck upholstery so they align with the speaker locations? (at the moment the 6x9 speakers will be under the rear deck upholstery and only 50% will be visible)

can't confirm. basically you are not allowed to change the surface.
JohnEdwards wrote:- Is it allowed to modify the speaker installation hole? E.g fit a 8 inch subwoofer in 6x9 hole

as long as there was a speaker installed and the surface stays OEM, OK.
JohnEdwards wrote:- Is it allowed to use wood rings to modify a 4 inch hole with a 6.5 subwoofer box?

yes.
JohnEdwards wrote:- What about sound isolation? Is it calculated in the 3000€ budget or not?

no. only components
JohnEdwards wrote:- If the rule for fuse is 250A for 50mm2 cable is mandatory or can it be lower fuse e.g 200A

the fuse rate table is a maximum rate. You can use a lower fuse also.
Disclaimer: All comments are my personal opinions and do not reflect official statements on behalf of EMMA

my Install | my Team | my EMMA Austria |
"Multimedia without Surround is like Sound Quality in Mono ..."

Return to “Technical Forum”